Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Pillow

My Granny Nette sewed everything in her home... everything. Curtains, pillows, bedspreads, quilts; she even reupholstered a set of her couch and love seats once (maybe twice..). I grew up watching her do all this, but somehow never absorbed the talent for it. So here I am... struggling to sew. I am well aware that sewing takes time, practice and patience. "Sew" begins my journey... (heehee)

I am ashamed to say that this idea has been brewing in my head for 6(???) years. When I saw the fabric I knew exactly what I wanted to do, the problem was bringing it to fruition. The last couple of days that is what I have done. I knew what I wanted, it was just a matter of time and having the know how to do it. It seems pretty simple, I know, but when you haven't sewn much it's a little harder than you would think.
 




I'm so happy with the way it came out. Maybe I have a bit more of Granny in me than I thought. :) I couldn't help feeling close to her as I worked on this project and it brought back some great memories. I know she would be proud of my product. ♥ Hopefully there are more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment